When you make appointments to meet with family law lawyers you will need a general idea of the questions that you need to know about each of the family lawyer. When you are interviewing each of the family lawyers on your list you will need to listen and respond. You must be completely open with your answers because the more your family law lawyers get to know about the real story the better their representation of your interest can be. Transparency is the key to having a successful relationship with your new attorney. Here is a general list of the questions you should ask when you are interviewing new family lawyers Palm Coast Family Law Attorney.
1) I know this may sound silly but you never know. Has your lawyer passed the bar?
2) Has your lawyer logged actual trial time at the court house?
3) How many family cases have you negotiated?
4) How long have you been practicing law?
5) How long do family law cases last?
6) How much do you require for a retainer fee?
7) How much do you charge per hour?
8) What do you think my chances are at winning my case?
9) Do you have experience in collaborative law?
10) How long do you think my case will take?
11) May I deal directly with you only?
12) Do you have partners?
13) How long have you been in business?
14) What can I do to help you facilitate my case?
15) Do you offer financing options?
16) What are your work hours?
17) Can I call you at 2:00 am if I have a real emergency concerning my case?
18) Have you ever had complaints?
19) Has anyone ever cancelled your services?
20) How many client cases do you work at once?
21) May I get a copy of the contract that I would sign to start a retainer with your law office?
Here, you should fill out your own personal questioner for you to use during each family law lawyers meeting. You will need to decide which items are pertinent to you and your cause.
1) What is your first impression of each of the family law lawyers that you interviewed today?
2) Did they listen to you? Or did they cut you off? Could you get a word in edge wise?
3) Out of all the family law lawyers you have met which one did you like?
4) Which lawyer seemed the most genuine?
Picking out the right lawyer from your list of family law lawyers is very important if you and your new attorney do not mesh well together then it will hinder your case. You should make sure the attorney that you choose has a local office. It would cost you a fortune in rising gas prices to have to drive 100 miles one way to visit your new lawyer. These questions are just a general idea of things you need to know when you are interviewing family law lawyers, for this list to be complete you will need to add your own questions to this check list.